Our Process for Client Success
Step 1: Understanding you and your goals
The first thing we do is take a deep dive into client goals, target markets, and strategies to get our team up to speed quickly.
Proven Media Solutions produces a strategic editorial calendar within 48 hours of signing a contract. We go over this document in detail with clients to clarify expectations and confirm key messaging points.
This early process is very time-intensive, but it gets your team and our team on the same team to accomplish your goals.
Step 2: Where should you get placed?
After developing a vision and strategy to meet your goals, Proven Media Solutions answers four questions before crafting content or pitching you to press:
- To what media outlets are target markets paying attention?
- Who are the gatekeepers at those outlets?
- How do you get the attention of those gatekeepers?
- What broad topics are valuable to those gatekeepers?
The answers to these questions support each other. Success can only happen if the right gatekeepers at the right outlets are contacted the right way with the right topics.
Step 3: Contact the gatekeepers
Journalists and other gatekeepers are the barriers between you and your target markets. We break through the noise of a 24-hour news cycle by asking and answering 4 questions:
- What is the timing of your message? Gatekeepers won’t care about taxes around Thanksgiving…but they will care in March and April.
- Is the message on-point to your mission and goals?
- What is your spokesperson’s title? Titles provide clarity and instant verification for gatekeepers. Spokespeople can be senior executives, board members, and even customers.
- How will we establish connections? Different gatekeepers have different communication styles — we tailor our outreach to maximize the chances of success.
Step 4: Client satisfaction
Proven Media Solutions is dedicated to client satisfaction. We accomplish this through two key steps:
- We never overpromise. Our process maximizes client success by eliminating as many variables as possible.
- Clients are kept up-to-date throughout a campaign and we produce monthly reports as appropriate. We also normally produce a final report within 10 days of the end of a campaign.